Sep 3, 2010

Oh The Places I've Lived ...

I was born in Oakland and we lived on Lincoln Avenue in Oakland until I was 3 years old.  My parents then moved us into a rental home in San Leandro on Dewey Street in San Leandro.  Then in November of 1977 my parents bought their 1st home on Farnsworth Street.

We lived on Farnsworth Street until I August before I started 7th grade..  Then we moved to Antioch, CA and lived on Ashley Street.  My parents then moved us to Longmont, CO on Peterson Place, where we stayed for my 9th, 10th and 11th grade.  Then my parents moved us back to California and right back to their very 1st home on Farnsworth Street (they rented it out when we moved to Antioch) for my 12th grade.

After graduating High School (in 1991), I moved to Pensacola, FL and went to Pensacola Christian College for 1 year.  Then I moved back home to Farnsworth Street.  I started working and eventually moved into my very 1st place an apartment on Blossom Way in Hayward, that was in 1993 (I think). 

Then I moved to a rental home in San Leandro in 1995 because we (Guillermo & I) got our 1st dog, Magic.  His parents couldn't keep the dog at their home (which is where Guillermo was living), so I moved, so we wouldn't have to give her away.  The home was an illegal garage conversion (which I knew when I moved) and the front house tenant got mad at the landlord and called the city on the illegal conversion.  I was forced to move out due to code violations & permit issues and was given a 30 day notice to move.  Ugh! 

I called & called a lot of places to locate a rental property that was affordable and would take a dog & cat.  I finally found a unit that was available in a duplex in San Leandro in the beginning of 1996.

Our 1st Home
Guillermo & I got married in July of 1996 and he moved from his parents out into the duplex unit with me in San Leandro. 

We lived there until God provided us an opportunity to buy our 1st home in Castro Valley.  We bought that home on September 24, 1998.  God was so good to us ... he provide all our closing costs to get into the home.  In 1998, they were just coming out with 80/20 mortgages and we were able to qualify and buy our 1st home.

God provided for us again and on December 28, 2001 we sold our 1st home in Castro Valley and bought to our current home in Dublin, CA.  We've been living here ever since.

People always ask me where I grew up and as you can see, it's difficult to explain.  I usually tell them I grew up in California, except for the 3 years I was in Colorado.  I guess somehow, someway or another, I've picked up a slight accent and it throws people off.  I don't hear the accent, but hey, I don't listen to myself speaking, so hmm, not sure ... you'll have to let me know if you think I have one or not ... please post your comments/thoughts ...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea :0) I like your blog idea and what a special gift it will be for the kiddos. On your "accent", I don't hear one but was told by someone that I had one too!! She said I sounded a bit "twangy". Hmmmm! Ever noticed that on me?? ;0)

    ReplyDelete